Replies

• Well, ancient Hebrew is a lot like rapping without the zig zagging  beats. 

• Yes, smack can mean for example, if someone is "talkin' smack" they are disrespecting someone, or "dissin" someone, in other words.  It also means they are talking nonsense about something.  If you talk smack you could get smacked.  In the above case, however, our resident rapper has used it to rhyme with cul-de-sac.  

He then appears to be doing math in the sac, creating some subtractionating multiplicity at the end of a block that is a semi circle instead of a square, which would multiply by four rather than the three, to which he has cubed, and is where he gets the number 9.  This is not my area of expertise however, since math is hard, I choose to work in the area of feelings.

• Try "it's smack at yoor cul-de-sac, and wil multiply yoor sub-div-shon by niine.

• something really nutty about this, Jeff, you need a jew fro to rap, though...

• I've got it.....to be "globally correct", just coin the new phrase: "It's right up your side of the pond......"

• "It's right up your street" that cracks me up.  You do know the slang is "right up your alley," right? that was the joke? If not, tell everyone it is because that's FUNNY.

• Like several other authors, I would spend a great deal on social media expertise. With or without the $25k budget, we'll be doing as much of this as we can.

My question for others, would it pay to actually buy your own book? Would publishers be more interested if you guaranteed to buy the first 1,000 books? Curious.

• First campaign push:

$7K toward social networking:

Facebook ads, Press release distribution (SEO-based, national and local distribution via MarketWire), Google Adwords, Featured videos on YouTube (almost done with first one!)

$5-6K

Hire cold-caller to call on public libraries, prisons, "No GMOs" organisations and other food activism groups, environmental groups (from rainforest activists to return rivers to natural state-activists) 

Hire or get grad student intern to help research and write articles for publicity:

Contact biophysicists at NASA to get quotes on biosphere conditions to put in press releases. 

Research planetary conditions to back-up what God says in my book.

Email campaign:

Take my thousands of gathered emails of people in my spiritual genre, and offer cross promotional deal to coincide with book launch. The purpose is they will hopefully send out emails to their database introducing the book.

After press coverage obtained, call non-denominational churches for a speaking tour with what's left 

• One advantage I have is the skill at building websites and any other creative.  I can spend that whole ball of wax on just marketing.

• Probably ads on the Washington D.C. Metro.  Many of the ads within the system are from other authors, well known authors; Pellicano, etc. and a plethora of ads bought by Amazon promoting the Kindle.  Hey, if THEY are convinced it's a good promotional organ to readers, than I do also!  But I bet $25,000 won't ride but a figurative few subway stops in the grander scheme of advertising dollars per new reader.  If I could stretch it, I'd get a quarter page in the Washington Post's section (since "Book World" has succumbed) that has the Best Seller's listing on Sundays.  After all, any of my 11 novels would be a best seller if promoted correctly.

This reply was deleted.

Writers Networking Groups